1 hour 50 minutes
2 hours 5 minutes
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of milk, warmed up to about 110 degrees
- 2-1/4 tsp of active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Granulated sugar
- Sprinkle the yeast and one teaspoon of sugar over the warm milk, give it a gentle stir and set aside to activate.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt and vanilla to the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, once the yeast is ready, add it to the flour mixture along with the butter and eggs and knead on medium speed for about 5 minutes or until your dough comes together.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface to about 1/2 inch thick, cut out your donuts using a 3” biscuit cutter then place them on a lightly floured baking sheet (keep them a couple of inches apart from each other) sprinkle a little flour on top, cover with a lint free kitchen towel and place them somewhere warm to rise for about an hour and a half.
- Preheat some vegetable oil in a heavy duty pan (fill the pan only half way up the side with the oil) to 350 degrees, fry the donuts until golden brown on both sides, then drain them on a paper towel lined baking sheet, dredge them in granulated sugar and finally fill them with Nutella using a piping bag fitted with a star tip.