- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dutch cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar for rolling
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat for a full 3 minutes, mixture will look fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, dutch cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into butter mixture until just combined.
- Cover bowl or wrap dough in wax paper. Chill for at least 1 hour (up to 24 hours) in the refrigerator. Refrigerating will help the flavors meld and also create a firmer dough to roll into balls.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Scoop dough using a 1.5 tablespoon scoop or shape by hand into 1.5 inch balls. Roll balls in granulated sugar.
- Place cookie dough balls 2 inches apart onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies begin to crack on top. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Source: The Toasty Kitchen2