- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas about 2 large bananas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan melt the butter until it turns brown and smells nutty. It will foam up and turn brown around 5 minutes so make sure to keep an eye on it. Remove from heat immediately and add the white and brown sugars.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes to cool. Pour into a large mixing bowl and add the egg and vanilla.
- Mix in banana and sour cream.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Fold into banana mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Dough will be wet.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Drop a one inch ball of dough onto cookie sheets 2-inches apart lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Do not overbake these! Cookies will get more moist as they sit.
Source: Just a Pinch2