3 large tacos
Ingredients – Chicken
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into tender sized pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 gallons vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
Ingredients – Mac N Cheese
- 2 cups macaroni noodles
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb bacon
Ingredients – Waffle taco shell
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
Directions – Chicken
- Heat cooking oil to 375ºF.
- Slice the tenders into 1 inch nuggets and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour with the paprika and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg and ½ cup water
- Toss the chicken pieces in the flour mixture and then into the egg mixture. Repeat this one more time to make sure the chicken pieces are fully coated in the mixture and no raw chicken is showing.
- Deep fry the chicken pieces in small batches for about 5 minutes each batch or until the chicken is cooked through. Place is a large bowl.
- To the bowl of cooked chicken, add the parmesan cheese, parsley and hot sauce. Toss the chicken until its fully coated.
Directions – Mac N Cheese
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Add the bacon and bake for 15 minutes at 375º F.
- Add the bacon to a food processor and pulse until they become bits. Set the bacon aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for about 6 minutes† or until the noodles are al dente. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan or pot, melt the butter. When the butter has melted, add the all purpose flour and whisk until the flour is browned and bubbling.
- Slowly whisk in the milk. When the milk starts to thicken, whisk in the cheese and continue mixing until there are no more lumps.
- Add the cheese sauce to the pot of noodles along with the bacon and mix well.
Directions – Waffle taco shells
- Combine the all purpose flour with the salt. In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, eggs, and sugar and mix well.
- Slowly add the egg mixture to the flour mixture until a smooth batter is formed.
- At about ¼ cup of the waffle batter to a waffle iron and fry for about 4 minutes. Immediately take out and put into taco mould.
- Add the mac n cheese to the base of the waffles. Top with fried chicken and garnish with extra parsley. Enjoy!
Source: Recipe Champions by Josh Elkin6