- 4 medium size Yukon Gold or red potatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 poblano pepper
- 2 stalks of scallion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 9oz milk
- 1 tsp vegetable stock concentrate
- 1 can of whole kernel corn
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash and dry all produce. Cut potatoes into ½-inch cubes. Core and seed poblano, then cut into ½-inch pieces. Halve, peel, and finely chop onion. Trim, then thinly slice scallions, separating greens and whites. Mince or grate garlic.
- Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add poblano, onion, scallion whites, and half the garlic.
- Cook, tossing, until very soft, about 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and half the paprika.
- Add flour and stir until pasty, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk, a little at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Add potatoes, 2 cups water, and stock concentrate to pot. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are easily pierced by a knife, 12-15 minutes.
- Once soup is done simmering, drain corn, then stir into pot. Stir in remaining paprika. Simmer 3-5 minutes more. Turn off heat and stir in cheddar. (TIP: If soup seems thick, stir in ¼-½ cup more water.) Season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Divide soup between bowls and garnish with scallion greens. Enjoy!
- Recipe was modified from original
Source: Hello Fresh3