1 hour 15 minutes
1 hour 25 minutes
- 2 pound butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Place a whole butternut squash in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes to soften it slightly. (This step is optional, but makes the squash easier to cut.)
- When the squash is cool enough to handle, use a peeler to skin the whole squash and cut it into cubes.
- Put the cubed squash onto a baking sheet, drizzle melted butter, olive oil, honey, and sea salt, and then stir to combine (Or let the kids get in there to mix it up with their hands!)
- Roast at 400 degree oven for 30 minutes, turning the cubes halfway through for even browning.