4 hours 10 minutes
- 1 large onion
- 1 lb beef stew meat Cut into bite sized pieces, if not already in bite chunks
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 4 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 16 ounce package egg noodles
- Start by chopping up your onion, and putting it in fry pan with your stew meat.
- Season with the garlic salt
- Cook just until the onion starts to get translucent and meat is browned on outside, but not cooked through. This will help keep the meat moist while it cooks in the crock pot. You can skip this and just dump everything into the crock pot, but it won’t be as moist and tender when it is done. Taking a few minutes to brown the meat helps a lot.
- In a separate bowl, mix together milk, mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, and cream cheese. Stir well so not too lumpy. (If adding in the sour cream and mushrooms, do that here)
- Put sauce mixture, meat, mushrooms, and onions in crock pot, put lid on, and cook on low for 4-6 hours. You can stir occasionally.
- Just before finished, boil water and cook noodles according to package directions.
- When noodles are cooked through, and drained, stir into crock pot. Let sit about 5 minutes, then serve.