- 1 cup Instant white rice
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 2 (7 ounces each) large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon each: cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika optional
- 1 ounce full fat cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons salsa verde
- 1/2 cup roasted corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup pepperjack cheese
- Optional: roasted green chiles lime, cilantro, sour cream, red bell pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Generously grease with cooking spray 2 large sheets of heavy duty tin foil.
- Weigh your chicken to get (2) 7-ounce pieces. Pound or slice the pieces to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Toss together the instant rice and water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss together all of the seasonings: cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, chili powder, and paprika. Dredge each chicken breast evenly in the seasonings (both sides).
- Divide the rice and water mixture evenly among the 2 foil packets.
- Place the seasoned chicken on top.
- Slice the cream cheese into 4 equal pieces and place 2 pieces on top of each chicken breast.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of salsa verde on top of each chicken breast.
- Put 1/4 cup corn and 1/4 cup black beans next to each chicken breast. If desired add a few pieces of thinly sliced red pepper to each packet.
- Seal the packet allowing for expansion and make sure it is 100% sealed.
- Bake for 30-50 minutes** or until the chicken is completely cooked through (registers 165 degrees F)
- Mix everything around in your foil pack and top each with pepperjack cheese.
- Add other optional toppings as desired.
- TO GRILL: Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and allow to heat for 10-15 minutes. Place completely sealed foil packets on grill for 25-35 minutes (or until chicken registers 165 degrees F) flipping once in between at about 10-15 minutes
- The size of your chicken and the heat of your oven makes it impossible for me to give you an exact time it should be done in. Be prepared to be flexible on timing as it could be anywhere from 30-50 minutes depending on the heat of your oven and size of your chicken. My best recommendation is to make sure that your chicken is pounded to 1/2 inch thick and exactly 7 ounces. In my oven with a 7 ounce chicken breast it was completely cooked through at 37 minutes