- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 12 oz. American cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. Pepper Jack, shredded
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 (4-oz.) can green chilis
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped cilantro
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and jalapeño and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add cheeses and milk and stir until cheese is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in tomatoes, green chilis, and cilantro.
- Serve immediately with chips.