- 16 even-sized open cap mushrooms, stems cut level
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil or corn oil
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped very fine
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly fry the mushrooms cap-side down, in hot oil for 20 seconds.
- Arrange the mushrooms in a shallow roasting pan with stems facing upwards.
- Mix together the butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Spoon a little garlic butter on to each mushroom, then lightly press the breadcrumbs on top.
- Cook immediately in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Source: Just a Pinch1